Thyroid disease is that state in which thyroid gland over or under functions. In our body, thyroid gland plays a very vital role. The thyroid gland is responsible for generating thyroid hormones in the body which is essential for the metabolism of the body. Watch out for thyroid symptoms and identify the type of thyroid you have. There are 4 types of thyroid diseases which are as follows:-
Types of Thyroids
- Hypothyroidism: It is caused by not having thyroid hormones in adequate amount.
- Hyperthyroidism: It is caused due to the generation of too many.
- Structural abnormalities: It happens due to the enlargement of thyroid gland.
- Tumors: These are benign or cancerous. When you have abnormal thyroid function tests without any clinical approvals then tumor can happen.
There are some symptoms which indicate the thyroid disease. Thyroid may cause slow body functions. Following are the thyroid symptoms, which are mentioned below:-
- Weight gain: If you feel that you’re daily wearing clothes snug, and you have not change your food habits, and you are still gaining your weight. Then it may be one of the symptoms of thyroid.
- Sudden mood swings: When you feel that your mood suddenly changes, like depression or, anxiety, then you may be suffering from a thyroid
- Body Fatigues: After having sleep from 8 to 10 hours, you still feel fatigue or you still need a nap in a day. It might be one of the symptoms of thyroid.
- Constipation: If you feel constant constipation, then it is also a symptom of thyroid. As we know thyroid hormones play an important role in keeping the digestive system running.
- Swelling in the neck: If your neck swells or enlarges, that means there is something wrong with your thyroid. Swelling of the neck is also the cause of thyroid cancer.
- Loss of Hair: If your thyroid hormones imbalances, it will result in loss of hair. If your hair disorder is treated, then you can get your hair back.
- Body temperature changes: People suffering from thyroid problems may feel sometimes hot or cold.
- Excessive sweating: If your body is producing much sweat that means it is a clear symptom of a hyperactive
Thyroid Symptoms in Men
The thyroid problem is very common among men and women. Here are some symptoms which will determine thyroid in men are as mentioned below:-
- Fertility problems: If men are suffering from thyroid he may face fertility problems. In hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, they might face the problem of fertility. If he is facing overactive thyroid, then sperms will produce a poor movement which is known as low motility. In hypothyroidism, the overproduction of pituitary hormone is known as prolactin.
- Decreased energy levels: Men may experience a decrease in energy levels or they might feel fatigue or tired all the time.
- Sexual function: In hyperthyroidism, 50 % of males experience premature ejaculation. On the other hand, 15 % of them had erectile dysfunction which results in poor sex drive or low libido or delayed ejaculation.
- Body temperature changes: Men with thyroid problems may experience a change in body temperature. If he is suffering from hypothyroidism, feels cold even in warm room. If thyroid hormones are too high, they may feel the excessive
Thyroid Nodules Symptoms
The term thyroid nodules refer to the unwanted growth of lumps in the thyroid gland. It can occur at any part of the gland. If the gland is above you can feel it so easily. But some glands are located deep inside the thyroid tissue or low in the gland which is difficult o feel.
Actually, thyroid nodules do not show any specific kind of symptoms, you can only feel this type of symptoms which are as follows:-
- You can feel the thyroid nodule easily if it is above.
- In case if you find that there is a problem in breathing or you are facing problems in swallowing, press on your windpipe or esophagus.
- You may experience swelling at the base of your
- In very rare people might faces problem in speaking due to the compression in larynx or voice box.
Now, we will talk about some of the causes of the thyroid. Here are some causes of the thyroid which are as mentioned below:-
- Thyroid may occur due to some genetic disorders.
- Due to some autoimmune diseases, in these diseases, our immune system attacks your own body which leads to hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.
- Deficiency of iodine in the body also leads to thyroid.
- Thyroid inflammation causes due to the attack of virus or bacteria which may or may not cause pain in the body.
- When thyroid nodules or a noncancerous lump forms inside the gland, it may be one of the causes of the thyroid.
- Thyroid may also occur because of some certain medications, radiation therapy, or thyroid surgery.
- When you get cancerous tumors on your thyroid gland then it also indicates thyroid disease.
- In the case of pregnant women, the thyroid may get worse. It should be treated in a proper way, it can cause problems with stillbirth or premature or miscarriages.
Thyroid can be cured in a natural way. Following are some tips which one must keep in mind which are as mentioned below:-
- Choose your right food: To overcome the thyroid problems, always prefer right food. You should include following things in your diet:-
- Increase the levels of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Avoid taking meat in your diet or limit their intake.
- Try to consume beans and legumes in your diet.
- Take proper iodine in your diet.
- Sugar intake should be less.
- Drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated.
- Proper exercise and rest: You must understand the importance of exercise to thyroid function. 30 minutes of brisk walk must be in your daily routine.
- Try to reduce stress levels: You should try to reduce your stress levels by changing lifestyle and work.
So this was all about thyroid, thyroid symptoms, causes and their treatment. If you treat them in the proper way, the thyroid can be prevented and cured.