What are Algae?
Algae are the aquatic plant which are non-flower and single-celled form and can be found everywhere on the planet. Algae are different types of organisms which produce oxygen through photosynthesis process (the process in which we can generate light energy from sunlight which further convert into carbohydrates).
Algae play an important role in ecosystems because they act as a support system for all aquatic food chains such as fisheries that are present on oceans and island. Moreover, they also help in producing 70% of the air that we breathe.
7 Types of Algae
You can reproduce algae sexually or asexually or by combining both the processes. This process is called alternation of generations. You can divide algae into 7 types on the basis of their sizes, functions, and colors. Here are the seven major classifications of Algae which are as given below:-
Golden Brown Algae (Chrysophyta)
These types of algae are also known as golden brown algae. You can locate them in both fresh and saltwater These are also called diatoms because they have many types of planktons found in the ocean. They are encased by silica shell called frustules which has different shape and structure totally depends upon species.
Green Algae (Chlorophyta)
This alga is green in color which you can find in the fresh Chlorophyta has cell walls that are made up of cellulose. Green algae consist of chloroplast and undergo the process of photosynthesis. You can find different types of species like unicellular and multicellular in thousands of numbers. Sea lettuce, horsehair algae, and dead man’s fingers are types of green algae.
Brown Algae (Phaeophyta)
It is brown color algae. It is the largest species having different varieties of seaweed and kelp found in the marine They also consist of reproductive tissues that produce spores and gametes. Some species are 100 meters in length like a sargassum weed, rock weed, and giant kelp.
We can call them as euglenoids which are autotrophic in nature like plant cells. They often feed on carbon-rich material that is found in water Other Euglenophyta are unicellular organisms. Some characteristics of photosynthesis euglenoids are eyespot, flagella, and organelles.
Fire Algae (Pyrrophyta)
These algae are known as fire algae which can be found in freshwater and oceans which use flagella for motion. They have been classified into two classes’ .i.e. dinoflagellates and cryptomonads. Dinoflagellates appear as red tide due to their large number in the ocean red in color. Whereas cryptomonads are just like dinoflagellates which can also produce algal blooms which produce red or brown color on water.
Red Algae (Rhodophyta)
You can find Rhodophyta, also know as red algae, in tropical marine locations. These are reproduced by an asexual process which is carried by water currents till germination. Actually, they can also reproduce y sexual process and undergo the process of alternation of generations.
Yellow Green (Xanthophyta)
This alga is yellow-green in color. Xanthophyta has only 450-600 species which is the least prolific in nature. It has cell walls which are made up of cellulose and silica. They have chloroplast which lacks pigment which causes them lighter in color. You can find them in fresh water and even in salt and wet soil environments.
What are the uses of Algae?
Algae can be used in different ways because it is a rich source of nutrients and minerals. Now we will discuss how algae can be used in different forms. Here are its some uses which are as given below.
We have been using algae extract as a beauty product for thousands of years. It is specially used for skin treatments. It is rich in nutrients and minerals and it removes toxins, antioxidants, and peptides from the skin. It completely hydrates and softens your skin. It also detoxifies the skin and also replenishes essential minerals and vitamins from the skin. Algae extract is used for making serums and beauty creams.
Algae Bio fuel:
Biofuel can be created by using algae. You may be surprised to know that you can produce 5,000 biofuel gallons from a single acre in one year.
As Algae is living organism so we can use it for generating fertilizers. Algae can be break into nitrogen source when it is used as fertilizers. You can use algae fertilizer for growing crops efficiently.
Algae can be used as a food supplement because it has an amino acid profile which is full of protein which means it is completely edible. Algae consist of some nutrients and vitamins, that are essential for health. It also supports metabolic process in human body.
Algae food for animals:
Algae is also used as food for animals. It is rich in protein and can be grown more to create high protein content. You can give this algae food to animals like cow and They are full of protein and animals will give good quality of milk. it is also helpful in making fish meal as it contains micro-nutrients
Algae Health and Beauty Products:
Health and beauty products are also made up of algae. Without algae, beauty industry cannot even survive. There are some products which are made up of algae like Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask which is used for moisturizing dry skin. It softens your skin without any side-effect. There are also lots of beauty products which will make your skin acne free, moisturizes skin. Hair conditioners which contain algae can make your hair soft and silky. Also can improve split ends and breakage of hair.
Algae health benefits:
Algae also help you in the health sector in following ways:-
- It helps you in losing you can use products or supplements which will help you in losing weight.
- It also helps in fighting cancer. It is also used in cancer therapy
- It also fights against heart-related Blue-green algae are used as a natural product for the heart-related disease.
- It may also help in lowering cholesterol levels.
Algae Health Supplements:
There are available health supplements on the market. Here is the list of following supplements which you can buy from the market as well as online.
- Nutriherbs Omega 3 ( DHA Rich Algae Supplement ) 800 Mg 90 Capsules
- Healthy Origins, Vegan Astaxanthin, 4 mg, 150 Veggie Softgels
- Zenith Nutrition Vegan Omega-3 DHA (30 caps)
- Spirulina 500 mg (90 Capsules)
- Elemis Energy Vitality Body Enhancement Capsules – 60 Capsules
- Solaray, Red Marine Algae, 375 mg, 100 Vegetarian Capsules
You can take these supplements according to your needs and as per doctor’s advice.
Algae in the Pond
There are three main causes of growing algae in the pond which are as follows:
Excess of nutrients
: There are two types of nutrients which algae is required to flourish .i.e. phosphates and nitrates.
: Excessive sunlight in the pond is also cause of algae in the pond. Physical position and few plants are the reason for
: The reason for algae in the pond is stagnant the stagnation causes carbon dioxide levels and low oxygen levels.
Algae Remover is used to remove moss, lichen and fungus from different types of surfaces like concrete, brick, sandstone, limestone, marble, granite, clay tiles, slate tiles, render, plaster, timber, plastic, paintwork, GRC, GRP, plastic, and glass. It is the product which is a time saver because less time is consumed in treatment work.
- How to Prepare Sea MossThis post will help you prepare Irish Sea Moss at home like a pro. Preparing sea moss is key to making sea moss gel, sea moss powder, sea moss capsules and sea moss drink. Irrespective of types of sea moss (organic sea moss, wild
- Sea Moss Gel Health Benefits & WarningIn this post, you’ll learn about buying, preparing organic wild crafted sea moss and making sea moss gel and sea moss gel health benefits and precautions that you should take in order to avoid any side-effects of sea moss. Types of Sea Moss There
- Jamaican Sea Moss UsesWhat is Jamaican Sea Moss? Jamaican Sea Moss is a species of red algae. Jamaican Sea Moss is found on the rocky parts of Jamaican. Jamaican Sea Moss is a natural source of minerals and vitamins. Jamaican Sea moss contains of 92 minerals of
- Best Sea Moss Pills, Gel, Capsules, powder & Supplement10 Amazing Health Benefits of Sea Moss. Sea Moss is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is a good source of dietary fibre, vitamin K, calcium and copper, and a very good source of riboflavin, folate, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and manganese.
- Organic Sea Moss – You Have Been Craving ForOrganic Sea Moss These hand-picked Organic Sea Moss products, mostly approved by Dr. Sebi, are going to exceed your expectations and make you feel happy & proud of yourself again. What is Sea Moss? Just in case, if you don’t know what sea moss