You can roast seaweed at home, but if you don’t want to or just can’t roast it yourself for whatever reason. Don’t worry! because, the roasted seaweed snacks are available at supermarkets and online stores like Amazon, Walmart too.
Historically and authentically, in Asian countries like Japan, China, Korea, and Thailand; roasted nori sheet is served as a snack, especially with breakfast, and roasted nori Julianne as a garnish on other rice, noodle, salad dishes.
But today, seaweed is considered a super-food and you can find seaweed products easily anywhere in the world. There are thousands of companies producing and marketing algal and seaweed foodstuff in USA, UK, Canada and other parts of the world as well.
Is roasted seaweed good for you? [FAQ]
Roasted Seaweed Snack Recipe
- Nori Sheet ( Organic / Regular )
- Sesame Oil ( Olive Oil )
- Salt ( Freshly Ground )
- A Pan ( Non-Stick or Iron )
- A Turner Spatula
- Air Proof Box or Plastic Bag
- Very lightly brush oil on Nori Sheet ( Only One Site )
- Heat pan on slow flame
- Bake Nori Sheet each side
- Sprinkle Salt ( of your choice and to your taste )
- Let it cool
- Now you can serve
- Or pack them in an air proof box or plastic bag
Top Seaweed Snack Brands
These are the most loved seaweed snack brands in the USA. They have been experimenting and producing seaweed snacks for the last few years. Seaweed snacks are available in many flavors like almond, onion, tangy, olive, spicy, grape seed oil, sesame oil, and etc. They try to prepare them in own authentic way ( Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai ) and bring their own texture and flavor to the market.
Best Seaweed Snack Brands
Here is the list of best seaweed snacks. These are highly rated seaweed snacks in the USA market place. You can find one flavor of seaweed snack that complements your taste bud. If you are looking for vegan snacks then seaweed snacks could be a healthy and nutritious alternative. 🥗
- Gimme Snacks: Organic Seaweed Snacks
gimMe brings this organic premium quality nori sheet sesame flavored healthy snack. That is crispy yummy sheet of savory delicious. This seaweed snack is made of the best nori sheets available on the planet, that are roasted to crispy perfection, then season it with a pinch of sea salt and a blast of organic toasted sesame oil.
- Annie Chun’s: Seaweed Snacks – Wasabi Flavor
- Sea’s Gift: Seaweed Tempura Snack
- Kirkland Signature: Roasted Seaweed Snacks
- Jayone: Roasted and Lightly Salted
- All About Living: Korean Seaweed Snacks
- Yangban: Roasted Seaweed Snacks
- Seaweed Love: Coconut Flavor Roasted Seaweed
- Kim’s: Roasted Seaweed Snacks
- ChoripDong Korea: Seaweed Snacks – Sunflower Oil
Health Benefits of Seaweed Snacks
First of all, seaweed snacks are full of minerals. Seaweed snacks are low in saturated fat, very low cholesterol, a good source of vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
- Great source of vitamins, minerals, and iodine.
- Vegan, Gluten-free, Low sodium, Low calorie
- Less salt and oil to preserve original seaweed flavor and for your health