Bladderwrack and Sea Moss both are the types of seaweeds, that are used for various purposes. Bladderwrack is found on the North Sea coasts, whereas Sea Moss is found on the Atlantic coasts of Europe and North America. Both are basically seaweeds and used as a source of minerals and vitamins. Sea Moss is used as soup broths which are given to malnourished people to make them stronger and Bladderwrack is given to people suffering from goiter disease which usually occurs due to iodine deficiency.
Organic sea moss and Bladderwrack
Organic Sea Moss, also called Irish Sea Moss, is better known as Chondrus Crispus. It contains an active compound called carrageen which helps in restoring the mucous membrane in the body. It also has the ability to address ailments like bronchitis as it helps in expelling excess mucus from the lungs and also absorbs excess liquid in the lungs. Bladderwrack is also known as rockweed, black tang, seaweed, and much more. You can find this seaweed on the coasts of the Baltic Sea, Atlantic, and Pacific Oceans. Both sea moss and Bladderwrack are rich in iodine and has more health benefits.
Bladderwrack and Sea Moss mix benefits
Bladderwrack and sea moss have some combined benefits which are as follows:-
- Prevents cancer in the body: In the sea moss and bladderwrack products, a high quantity fiber is found called Fucoidan which helps in reducing sugar levels, anti-tumor effects, lowers cholesterol. It also helps in slowing down the cells which reduces cancer proliferation.
- Controls thyroid problems: Both Sea moss and bladderwrack are rich in iodine, it helps in improving thyroid problems. As we know, iodine plays an important role in modulating thyroid gland, thus helps in controlling hormonal and metabolic activities.
- Helps in losing weight: Bladderwrack and sea moss products are helpful in burning high-level fat from the body. As you burn more and fatter, you feel more energetic.
- Digestive system problems: It helps in improving digestive problems. It removes all the mucus from the body and subdues your appetite.
- Improves vision: Sea moss and bladderwrack have antioxidant beta-carotene which neutralizes free radicals in the cornea and eyes. Thus, it helps in improving the vision of eyes. It also helps in preventing the development of cataracts and slows down macular degeneration.
- Prevents inflammation: Bladderwrack and sea moss use an anti-inflammatory substance. Both the products reduce swelling and relieves in the pain. It also heals sore joints and muscles.
Dr. Sebi Bladderwrack and Sea Moss
Dr. Sebi also recommends Bladderwrack and sea moss in your diet as it is 100 % vegetarian. Both the products are rich in iodine and can cure thyroid problems. It also consists of important minerals like vitamins, zinc, sodium, iodine, sulfur, phosphorous, magnesium and much more. Dr. Sebi’s Bladderwrack and Sea moss is very popular and is used in raw cheesecakes, dressings, puddings, and chutneys. They are also added to soups and broths which are nutritious to health. It also has skin healing properties because it is used as face masks.
Bladderwrack Sea Moss Drink
Sea Moss and Bladderwrack are also used in making drinks. You make smoothies, soups, broths by mixing bladderwrack with sea moss. It is combined with each other to make it even healthier and nutritious. You can also make milkshakes by adding milk with fruits like mango, papaya, strawberries, jackfruit, quinoa, etc.
Bladderwrack Sea Moss Gel
The mixture of sea moss and bladderwrack is available in gel form. As it is made up of natural whole unprocessed seaweed, it has the ability to reduce calories in desserts like ice cream, cheesecakes, etc. Sea moss bladder wrack gel can be stored in the refrigerator. When it is kept cold, then it is very easy to use in making shakes, ice creams, and smoothies. Bladderwrack sea moss gel is very simple yet it needs a high-speed blending device.
Sea Moss Bladderwrack Pills
Sea moss and Bladderwrack also available in pills form. These pills are available online and come in different packages. It can be consumed according to doctor’s advice. These are herbal and are totally vegetarian. A pregnant and nursing woman must take a doctor’s advice before consuming it. These pills are helpful in improving digestion; thyroid function helps in weight loss and prevents cancer. Always take pills or capsules with doctor’s advice.
Best Bladderwrack and Sea Moss Products
- Dr. Sebi – Sea Moss and Bladderwrack Powder with Burdock Root
Sea moss and bladderwrack also come in powder form. Both the powder is enriched with potassium, alginic, bromine, mannitol and beta carotene. It may help in improving health problems like respiratory issues, bad breath, and dysentery. You can use this powder in the soups and tablet form or in tea form as per physician’s advice. Both powders act as a natural diuretic which helps in suppressing appetite and maintains digestive health. If you are taking any medication please don’t consume it.
- Sea Moss/Irish Moss and Bladderwrack Capsules
Bladderwrack and Sea Moss also come in capsules form. These capsules are made with handcrafted herbs which are totally vegan. These capsules are used as supplements which contain 90+ minerals like Riboflavin, sulfur, sodium, potassium, carotene, manganese, zinc, folate, iron, copper, vitamin c, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, niacin, and iodine. These capsules may help you in maintaining thyroid function, removing fat from body and intestines and increases appetite. It also helps in regulating the metabolism and energy of the body.
What is Bladderwrack?
Bladderwrack is basically known as seaweed which you can find on the coasts of the North Sea which is known by the name of bladderwrack or Bladderwrack. It was discovered in 1811 which was the richest source of iodine and it was extensively used for the treatment of Goiter, which actually occurs due to the deficiency of iodine in the human body. It has a scientific name known as Fucus vesiculosus. It is also known by other names such as rockweed, red fucus, and black tang.
Uses of Bladderwrack
Bladderwrack has several uses which such as you can get rid of dry skin. With the help of Bladderwrack, you can get rid of dry skin and may get the new improved skin. It is also good for arthritis. Bladderwrack also helps the patient with Arthritis. It can be proved the best tonic for old age people who often suffer from Arthritis problem and hardening of arteries. Children who have slow mental and physical development can take Bladderwrack as a medicine which will help them for sure. It will also help you with weight loss. Cleans your blood and fights with iodine deficiency problems.
Benefits of Bladderwrack
Now we will talk about some of the health benefits of Bladderwrack which we will discuss below:-
- Bladderwrack improves your thyroid:
As it is a rich source of Iodine, so it acts as an important modulator of thyroid problems. It is used for the treatment of various thyroid disorders. It stimulates the thyroid gland to increase hormonal output.
- Bladderwrack helps in losing weight:
Bladderwrack helps in heightening metabolism, thus it helps you in losing the weight of the body.
Bladderwrack improves visionBeta-carotene is present in Bladderwrack which is ideal for improving eyesight. It is an antioxidant which neutralizes free radicals in eyes and cornea.
- Bladderwrack prevents Cancer disease:
A unique type of fiber, Fucoidan is found in a high quantity which contains many health benefits like lowering cholesterol, reducing blood sugar levels, and having anti-tumor effects. Cancer proliferation can be reduced by slowing down the cells.
Read a more detailed post on bladderwrack
What is Sea Moss?
Sea Moss is a species of red algae family which you can find on the rocky parts of Atlantic coast of Europe and North America. It has some vital properties for which it was used throughout Europe for decades. It helps those people who are suffering from malnutrition. It consists of 15 minerals with selenium, calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
Uses of Sea Moss
Sea Moss has some uses which can be proved useful to malnourished people, especially for those who are thin and want to gain weight. Sea moss helps in maintaining mental and physical health. It is also a rich source of iodine which helps in hormone production. It will also cure your sore throat, chest coughs, Common Cold, Pneumonia and Tuberculosis, Ulcers, and Bronchitis.
- It is also thought to protect the mucous membrane of the stomach and works well for indigestion, gastritis, the stomach of nourishment for those who are thin and need to put on weight.
- It helps to ease inflammations of the skin when applied topically.
- Thought to be good for blood pressure patients
- Pregnant Women
- Skin Care
Benefits of Sea Moss:
There are several benefits of Sea moss which we will discuss as below:-
- Sea Moss Relieves Joint, Skin and Muscle Pain:
It will save you from skin disease like dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, and sunburn. It will also give you relief from varicose veins, and rashes. It can be applied while taking baths and thus hydrates your skin.
Sea Moss Cures Fungal infections:
Sea Moss can be used for curing respiratory ailments such as cold, pneumonia, flu and TB. It consists of antimicrobial agents which we can use to make antibiotics to fight fungal and microbial infections.
- Sea Moss Cures thyroid related diseases:
The abundant amount of iodine present in sea moss helps in the production of thyroid When the thyroid gland does not have enough hormones, then iodine helps in fighting against micro-organisms.
- Bladderwrack Side-effects and Health Benefits
- Bladderwrack Uses, Benefits, and Facts
- Sea Moss Drink and Benefits ( Weight Loss )
- Irish Moss: Drinks, Gel, Supplement, Powder, and Health Benefits
- Irish Sea Moss Preparation, Uses, and Health Benefits