What is Sea Moss?
Sea Moss is a species of red algae. Which you can find on the rocky parts of the Atlantic coast of Europe and North America. Sea moss has some vital properties for which it was used throughout Europe for decades. It helps those people who are suffering from malnutrition. Sea moss consists of 15 minerals with selenium, calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
Sea Moss Uses
Superfood Sea Moss has many uses which are proven to be useful to malnourished people. Sea moss helps in maintaining mental and physical health. It is also a rich source of the minerals, including iodine which helps in hormone production. It will also cure your sore throat, chest coughs, Pneumonia and Tuberculosis and Bronchitis.
Sea Moss Benefits
Sea Moss or Irish moss is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin K, Calcium and Copper, and a very good source of Riboflavin, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, and Manganese.
Note: please check the package before you buy, things may vary because of geological diversity.
Health Benefits of Sea Moss
Health benefits of Sea Moss fungal and microbial infections.
- Sea Moss has antiviral agents that cure and prevent respiratory ailments such as pneumonia colds bronchitis flu and even tuberculosis itis rich in potassium chloride which is said to dissolve guitars Oh mucus the discharge caused by the swelling of the mucous membrane skin muscle and joint the pain.
- This wonder seaweed is known to cure various skin diseases such as dermatitis psoriasis excellent sunburn the moss can be applied topically or added to baths to moisturize and hydrate the skin it is also said to prevent varicose veins rashes and inflammation as well as provide relief for muscle and joint pain thyroid related diseases.
- The substantial amount via being found in sea moss helps in the production of thyroid hormone the body needs iodine to strengthen the immune system in order to fight diseases.
- It actually serves as a microbial agent in which it filters out germs another bacteria during blood circulation microorganisms easily enter the body through cuts or wounds of the skin and via throat and nasal passages.
- These organisms are then transported by the blood to other parts of the body during blood circulation commonly used respiratory tonic another common use of the seaweed was a remedy for issues involving the respiratory tract as both an expectorant and Vimal sent.
- It can be very helpful for coughs sore throats relieving congestion and expelling excess mucus from the lungs soothing to digestive tract rich soup broths made from Irish moss seaweed have been used for centuries to relieve gastritis and ulcers of the digestive tract this is because of its the Molson qualities acting as a mild laxative at our lubricating and soothing to the mucous membranes of the stomach and intestine.
- Relieves in Joint, Skin, and Muscle Pain: It will save you from skin disease like dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, and sunburn. It will also give you relief from varicose veins, and rashes. It can be applied while taking baths and thus hydrates your skin.
- Fungal infections can be cured: Sea Moss can be used for curing respiratory ailments such as cold, pneumonia, flu and TB. It consists of antimicrobial agents which we can use to make antibiotics to fight fungal and microbial infections.
- Cures thyroid related diseases: The abundant amount of iodine present in sea moss helps in the production of thyroid hormones. When the thyroid gland does not have enough hormones, then iodine helps in fighting against micro-organisms.
Nutrition Facts of Sea Moss
For more detailed nutrition facts information
Sea Moss 92 Minerals
Sea Moss or Irish moss is commonly known as seaweed. It contains 92 of 102 minerals. It is the best source of vitamins and trace minerals. Our human body is composed of 102 minerals and nutrients. Our body needs 92 out of 102 minerals. Sea moss contains minerals like magnesium, potassium, iodine, sulfur, calcium, iron, selenium, and folates. Each mineral plays its own important role. They supply energy to the body, regulate digestion, and detoxify the body.
Sea moss vitamins
Sea moss consists of different vitamins which are very essential to our human body. It has vitamins like A, B, C, D, E and K. Each vitamin has its own importance.
- Vitamin A in sea moss helps in improving eyesight. It also helps in developing immunity against cold and flu.
- Vitamin B in sea moss helps in regulating the metabolism of the body, maintains the nervous system and skin health.
- Vitamin C helps in maintaining the immune system of the body. It also aids in absorbing iron in the body.
- Vitamin D maintains your bone health and improves the deficiency of calcium in the body.
- Vitamin E acts as antioxidants which protect against cell walls.
- Vitamin K in sea moss recovers from clotting of blood.
Sea Moss Pills
Sea moss comes in various forms. We can make different products by using sea moss like powder, supplements, pills, capsules or in tablet form. Sea moss also comes in pills form. These pills are made from sea moss. Sea moss pills are used for different health benefits. It may help you in improving respiratory problems, weight problems, and digestive system.
Sea moss tablets
Sea moss also comes in tablets form. Sea Moss tablets contain minerals which may help in promoting healthy brain or bones. These tablets can be taken with the doctor’s advice. You can purchase these tablets online as well as from medical store. They are made from sea moss, Bladderwrack, and wildcrafted herbs. It has the following features:-
- Boosts your body with new energy.
- Helps in preventing hypothyroidism.
- Builds up immunity levels in your body.
- Always take your dose as per doctor’s prescription.
- Regulates your bowel system.
- It also suppresses your appetite.
Sea Moss capsules
Sea moss also comes in capsules form. Different types of sea moss capsules are available online. You can find various kinds of sea moss types. In a similar way, there are also available different types of sea moss capsules. Following are the different types of sea moss capsules are as given below:-
- Sea Moss and Bladderwrack capsules
- Black sarsaparilla capsules
- Chlorophyll capsules
- Chaparral capsules
- Cocolmeca capsules
- Black seed capsules
But you are always advised to read all the instructions before using them. Sometimes, it may cause some serious infections. Always take the recommended dosage as per your requirements. These products are vegan and gluten free also.
Sea Moss Powder
Sea moss also comes in powdered form. Irish moss powder is used as a tonic for a vibrant glow. This powder can be used in the following ways:-
- You can use this powder in capsules which can be taken with water as medicine or supplement.
- Can be used as a thickening agent for jellies.
- Used as a face powder for skin treatment.
- Used as health remedies.
- You can also make milkshakes by using powder and milk.
- Can be used for making dressings for salads and fruits.
- It can also be used in making soups and carrageenan.
Sea moss Supplement
Sea moss also comes in the supplement forms. These supplements are used for maintaining muscle health. Different types of supplements are used for the following causes:-
- It can treat chronic fatigue syndrome.
- It may also help you in treating colon cancer or cervical cancer symptoms.
- It also helps in treating eczema.
- These supplements may be helpful in curing childhood obesity.
- It can also be given to treat high blood pressure patients.
Dr. Sebi on Sea Moss
Dr. Sebi is known as Alfredo Bowman who is better known as an herbalist who can cure all diseases with vegan foods and herbs. Dr. Sebi Sea moss is also a type of sea moss. Dr. Sebi always talks about one of the most popular diseases called mucus which is caused by eating animal flesh or manmade foods. He always suggested using sea moss products which are totally herbal and gluten-free. In the era of 1980, he also ran several ads in newspapers where he used to state that he can cure several diseases likes AIDS, lupus, blindness, cancer, sickle cell, and many other diseases.
Sea Moss Drink
Sea moss drink is a very popular Caribbean drink which is made up of dried sea moss along with the various sweeteners and milk. Basically, Sea moss is made up by soaking dried sea moss in lime juice overnight and then you can boil them in water and mixed with cinnamon and hence it becomes jellylike. When it cools down, then it is blended with sweeteners like vanilla, sugar, dry-fruits, or nutmeg.
These drinks are very popular among Caribbean countries and Jamaica. People like to have these drinks because of their various health benefits. It provides gastrointestinal and other skin benefits.
Although traditionally people simmer and consume sea moss as a liquid broth, modern-day recipes often use the raw blended gel which can be added to various sea moss drinks and foods as a nutritious thickening agent.
It smells amazing and tastes good in teas and smoothies.
This is a thick gel, not runny. (Good quality) Tastes good enough to eat alone! The kids liked it and it was a great addition to our smoothies. Ingredients are all natural and vegan. Felt a quick boost of energy and fullness!
Sea Moss & Bladderwrack Gel
If you want to prepare at home. All you need is sea moss, that you can buy from amazon dot com or from a local supermarket. Then you have to wash it a few times because it may have dust on it. After washing a few times, you have to soak it in cold water, then strain, and put it in a fast blender, pour water to cover it. and blend it to the desired consistency. Once you are happy with the thickness you can put it in a glass bottle.
Now, you can add it to smoothies, or use as a thickening agent.
Irish Sea Moss Flakes
View all Organic Sea Moss products on Amazon
Sea Moss and Fertility
Sea Moss is also used as a natural sexual enhancer. People can use it as a natural aphrodisiac for men. Sea moss helps in enhancing the fertility of men as well as in women. It also helps you in mood enhancement. It helps in the following way:-
- Sea moss product also contains zinc which helps in boosting testosterone in males.
- It may also help in increasing motility and sperm count.
- It helps in increasing sexual performance.
- It also increases metabolism and energy in the body.
Sea moss in pregnancy
Sea moss is rich in iodine and thus it is very good for expecting mothers. Sea moss and other sea vegetables are rich in iodine. Moreover, besides iodine other nutrients are also very important for a pregnant lady such as magnesium, iron, and vitamins. A pregnant lady can take sea moss products after consulting the doctor only. These products can help them in building bones and tissues in the baby’s body. She should go through the pros and cons of sea moss product before taking it. In the case of any discomfort, visit the doctor immediately.
Sea Moss Side Effects
Though Sea Moss is rich in minerals and iodine, thus it also carries some of the side effects. Following are some of its side effects:-
- If you are suffering from stomach problems, or stomach ulcers, don’t purchase them. Otherwise, it can create cramps or infection in your stomach.
- Don’t give sea moss products to small children as children have a weak immune system.
- These products can also create problems like dizziness, diarrhea, cramps, faintness, and headache.
- If you are Pregnant or breastfeeding, need not consume it. One must seek a doctor’s advice before consuming it.
- Low blood pressure patients or person is going under any other medication; need not consume sea moss products.
Sea Moss Warning
Irish Moss, Sea Moss, or by its botanical name Gracilaria, is wild-crafted and truly raw, dried in the natural sun right after harvesting– because of the natural state it comes with impurities, such as sand, dirt, and salt, which clean out when you rinse and soak the dried seaweed.