Blue-Green Algae Family is actually types of bacteria known as Cyanobacteria. They are normally looking green, but sometimes they may turn bluish when scums are dying. Cyanobacteria are photosynthetic and aquatic and live in water & capable to manufacture their own food.
These are one of the largest and most important groups of bacteria on Earth. They provide nitrogen fertilizer in the cultivation of beans and rice. The oxygen atmosphere that human beings depend on was generated by numerous Blue-Green Algae family during the Proterozoic and Archaean Eras.
Algae, in general, are the great alternative food source, have been used for centuries in the some of the Asian countries. In the last decade algae foodstuff, supplements, skin care, snacks, biogas, and biofuel production has increased as an industry. And it is good for the society, human being, and the environment.
Let me start with what algae are. If you have any question, feel free to leave your question in the comment section.
Types of Algae
These are algae types with their common and division names.
- Blue-Green Algae – Cyanophyta
- Red Algae – Rhodophyta
- Green Algae – Chlorophyta
- Euglenoids – Euglenophyta
- Chloromonads – Chloromonadophyta
- Yellow-Green Algae – Xanthophyta
- Diatoms – Bacillariophyta
- Golden-Brown Algae – Chrysophyta
- Brown Algae – Phaeophyta
- Dinoflagellates – Pyrrhophyta
- Cryptomonads – Cryptophyta
The Cyanophyta or blue-green algae share the kingdom Monera with the Schizomycophyta or bacteria because both are distinguished by a procaryotic type of intracellular organization, where the protoplast of the cell does not contain organelles conspicuously delimited from the surrounding cytoplasm.
The blue-green algae, however, share the property of an oxygen-evolving type of photosynthesis with the eucaryotic algae and higher plants and produce phycoerythrin and phycocyanin, two photosynthetic pigments characteristic of the Rhodophyta, or red algae, and one or two other smaller groups.
It has been suggested that the organelles of eukaryotic cells, such as the chloroplast, arose from a blue-green algal-like endosymbiont within an otherwise nonphotosynthetic cell. The phylogenetic affinities of the blue-green algae, therefore, are of considerable interest.
Blue Green Algae Uses
Blue-Green Algae are a large and diverse group of simple and plant-like organism that found in some large fresh water lakes and salt water. It contains a small number of vitamins, protein, beta carotene, fatty acids, and some minerals. There are many uses of Blue-Green Algae that are the following:
- The blue-green algae can protect against non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases and cardiovascular disease. It is because of that it is capable to improve blood lipid profiles and prevent oxidative and inflammation stress which are the main reasons for the development of heart disease. It contains Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), Carotenoids, Fibers, Phycocyanin and Plant Sterols that can be helpful in preventing non-alcoholic fatty liver and heart diseases.
- These are used as a source of B-vitamins, dietary protein, and iron. It is very helpful for weight loss, diabetes, fatigue, depression, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), premenstrual syndrome (PMS), hayfever, anxiety, stress, and other women’s health issues.
- You can also use blue-green algae for treating precancerous that are grown inside the mouth. It boosts the immune system, increases energy & metabolism, heals wounds, improves memory power, lowers cholesterol levels, and enhances digestion and bowel health.
Blue-Green Algae Health Benefits
Blue-green algae have a high protein, iron, and other mineral content which is absorbed when taken orally. Blue-green algae are being researched for their potential effects on the immune system, swelling (inflammation), and viral infections. Blue-Green Algae are used widely as medicine, food alternatives, supplement, and skin care.
You can benefit from BGA if you are suffering any of the diseases below, or looking for an alternative food source. (Please consult your doctor before you start taking BGA).
|Weight loss||Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)|
|Exercise performance||Hepatitis C|
|Menopausal symptoms||Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder|
|Oral leukoplakia||Vitamin B12|
|Dietary protein source||Iron|
Organic Blue-Green Algae
Organic blue-green algae ensure a purity and mineral content unmatched by other nutritional algae products in the market. Blue-green algae are a nutritional powerhouse. It’s packed full of nutrients like vitamin A, as beta-carotene protein, chlorophyll and so much more.
Blue-green algae have so many benefits it enhances your mental clarity, and focus. It supports your healthy energy and stamina. It assists the body’s natural processes of detoxification and it nourishes your overall well-being. Try organic blue-green algae.
Blue Green Algae Skin Care
- Blue-Green Alga Antibacterial Toner
Another Michael Todd product this blue-green algae toner is highly moisturizing anti-inflammatory and antibacterial supposed to be good for all skin types and aids and treatment and prevention of acne. It’s 7.8 fluid ounces and it’s actually a decent amount of toner for a pretty good price too.
It has blue-green algae and organic helps in combination with the hyaluronic acid to penetrate deeply and promote cellular renewal naturally and nourished and re-mineralize the skin all including the caption a little bit more about the product.
And it’s a really nice toner and actually. it really does feel like it has a kind of anti-inflammatory effects. it’s just a clear toner I don’t really know how else to show it off better but it has a very light scent to it kind of has like an herbal scent to it. Its anti-acne properties there’s something about it that really does feel like it’s antibacterial and like really kind of cleaning and clearing my skin for me it might be a little bit harsh to use every single day but I do like having it in my arsenal to kind of pull out and help with like any acne problems what it has done for me is it’s replaced my Murad clarifying toner.
It’s a more organic all-natural version and it’s a little bit more soothing too so I’ve really been liking this blue-green alga antibacterial toner by Michael Todd
Blue Green Algae Supplement
Blue-Green Algae contain dietary supplements that are rich in minerals, proteins, vitamins, amino acids. These supplements are very helpful to improve your mental ability and concentration. The dietary supplements of blue-green algae give a positive effect on algae products. There are some commercialized products which are based on blue-green algae such as Aphanizomenon flos-aquae, Spirulina, and Chlorella.
Blue Green Algae Powder
- BODi Powder: BODi is a blue-green alga 100% purely organic powder and natural superfood killer cell blood tonic. It is the complete source of plant-based proteins. It increases concentration, energy levels, endurance, mental focus, and vitality. It helps to improve your brain function and overall mood. It has the ability to manage your stress and reduces the chances of heart diseases.
- E3Live BrainON Powder: It is also known as Phenalmin. If you want to do well on a test, give a presentation under pressure or perform excellently at a job interview, then this powder can balance your mood, enhance the clarity lift, attention and focus in the demanding situations. You can brighten your mood with the PEA, the “Love Molecule” which lowers your stress level and brings well-being Function at a higher level.
Blue Green Algae Tablets
- Spirulina Tablets – Blue-Green Algae: It is a microalga which is extremely rich in vital minerals and vitamins. It resolves your eye, cell, brain and cardiovascular health issues. It contains 55% and 70% protein so that it is one of the best ways to make up the deficit in a superfood-heavy diet. It is also helpful to reduce your weight and make sure that your body remains healthy when you are cutting your calories from your diet.
- Source Naturals Blue-Green Algae Tablets: Source Naturals Blue-Green Algae is harvested and wildcrafted in the upper regions of Upper Klamath Lake, Oregon. It contains high proteins, mineral contents and iron which is capable to absorb well in your body while taking orally. It also contains significant levels of vitamins, rich pigment nutrients, and other minerals. It gives the potential effects on the immune system and reduces viral infections and swelling problems.
Blue Green Algae Capsules
- Klamath Blue-Green Algae Capsules: Klamath Blue-Green Algae Superfood is a micro-nutrient dense alga that is comprised of a rare form of glycoprotein. It contains essential amino acids, beta carotene, antioxidants, chlorophyll and, minerals. It supports both physical and mental health. This superfood grows naturally in pristine Upper Klamath Lake, Oregon. The BioActive Dehydration of this preserves the sensitive micro-nutrients. You can easily digest these capsules and the best option for the vegetarian people.
- Pure Synergy Blue-Green Algae Capsules: Pure Synergy capsules are made with organic blue-green algae that come from pristine waters of Upper Klamath Lake, Oregon. It is harvested at the peak of its vibrant bloom when its life-enhancing and nutritional qualities are at their most potent. With the help of a proprietary system, this algae is triple-filtered that gives the surety of its purity.
A single dose of Blue-Green Algae 1000mg per day is sufficient to greatly enhance personal energy, moderate the reactions of the digestive tract, reduce inflammation, prevent from heart issues and boost the immune system.