What is Chlorella?
Chlorella is also known as green algae ( Chloros mean Green, Ella mean Small ) which belong to the group of Chlorophyta. And green algae are the highest source of chlorophyll. It looks spherical in shape and comes without flagella. Actually, this word chlorella is Greek word which means green color and small in size. It is photosynthetic energy efficient because it is a rich source of food and energy.
We can use Chlorella as a food source because it is full of protein and essential nutrients. It consists of 10% of minerals and vitamins, 20 % fat and carbohydrates, 45% of proteins and 5% fiber.
Chlorella is Rich in:
- Digestive Enzymes
How to use Chlorella?
Chlorella is known as freshwater algae which are single-cell, always use broken cell chlorella. The broken cell chlorella is easy to digest. Also, make sure it is organic chlorella. It has over 30 types of different species. But there are two species which are very popular among people .i.e. Chlorella Vulgaris and Chlorella pyrenoidosa. These were mostly used in the research.
The skin of chlorella has hard cells which are not easy to digest so one must take supplements to enjoy their benefits. Chlorella comes in various forms like tablets, powder, extract and in powder form. It also can be used as biodiesel fuel.
Chlorella Health Benefits
As we know, Chlorella is used as a food supplement, the broken cell chlorella tablets, powder, or any other forms of supplements are considered to be more effective. Chlorella health benefits which can be discussed as given below:-
- Improves your immune system: In the studies, it has been found that it helps in enhancing immunity system in humans as well as in animals. People who take Chlorella, eight weeks regularly can improve their immune system. Chlorella produces antibodies in human system which helps in enhancing immunity system.
- Acts as antioxidants: Chlorella acts as antioxidants because it has different compounds like vitamin-c, chlorophyll, lutein, lycopene and beta-carotene. The antioxidants present in Chlorella helps in fighting chronic diseases.
- Improves sugar levels in blood: It also helps in improving blood sugar levels in healthy as well as in people who have a risk of diseases related to lifestyle. It also increases insulin
- Cholesterol can be improved: If people use Chlorella supplements it may help you in lowering cholesterol levels. It has different nutrients like carotenoids, antioxidants, niacin, and fiber which help in lowering cholesterol levels which contribute to improving heart
- Eye vision promoted: Chlorella has two carotenoids called lutein and zeaxanthin which helps in improving eye health. It also lowers the risk of macular degeneration.
- Digestion: Chlorella has various nutrients which help in easy digestion and bloating can be reduced. Chlorella helps in detoxification as well.
- Helps in fighting cancer: Chlorella helps in fighting cancer and suppresses tumor frequencies and helps in destroying cancer cells. In this case, Chlorella can be proved nutritious and beneficial for them.
- Weight Loss: Broken cell chlorella supplements will help you lose fat naturally.
- Evens PH level in your body: Natural alkaline elements in chlorella will help your body alkalize your body.
Chlorella Side Effects
As chlorella has many health benefits, it can use also cause some side effects in human body. While using Chlorella related products, one must also know about the side effects. Now we will discuss the side effects of Chlorella are as following:-
- Allergy reactions: Chlorella may cause allergy to some people who are prone to some allergies. Allergy may cause in the form of skin rash or swelling of the skin. Some people also complain about chest pain. In case if any person feels discomfort, visit to doctor immediately
- Throat infection: If any person takes Chlorella supplements on the bad throat, it may cause throat infections. So it is always advisable to read manual before consuming Chlorella products.
- Not suitable for pregnant women: Pregnant ladies must speak with their obstetricians whether chlorella is suitable for them or not. They must check their proper evaluation.
Chlorella as Food Source
We can also use Chlorella as a food source because it contains high nutrients. It has different nutrients which are as follows:-
- Vitamins: For complete nutrition, vitamins like A, B, C, and D, E, K is essential for nutrition.
- Minerals and Elements: For all the biochemical processes in the body, it has essential elements like zinc, manganese, calcium, potassium, iodine, phosphorus.
- Nucleic Acids: It also provides nucleic acid derivatives like RNA, DNA as a food source which is essential for nutrients.
- Chlorophyll as a rich source: Chlorophyll is also the richest source of nutrients because chlorophyll helps in detoxifying and purifying.
- Plant protein: About 62 % of plant protein is essential for nutrients. Vegetable protein is very easy to digest and can be used as superfoods.
- Fatty acids: You can also use omega 3 and omega 6 for a healthy
As we know Chlorella is the richest source of nutrients and food. Chlorella tablets are made up of green algae. They are one-celled plants because they have no leaf, true stem or root. You can use Chlorella tablets as supplements. Different types of Chlorella tablets are available on the market or you can buy them online.
Chlorella Tablet Health Benefits:-
- Chlorella tablets contain vitamin A which improves vision, bone health and immunity of the body.
- It also has calcium which helps in building strong bones.
- It also has vitamin B1, B2, and B3 which helps in regulating mental function and supports cell growth.
- Magnesium contained in Chlorella tablets helps in contributing bone health and immune system.
These tablets are totally vegan and non-GMO project verified product. If you are using these tablets you are requested to read the instructions before use.
Some people also use Chlorella powder instead Chlorella tablets. Actually, you can use both the options which suit your lifestyle. Chlorella powder has same essential nutrients as that of Chlorella tablets. There are some points which you need to remember while using Chlorella powder is as follows:-
- If you want to take Chlorella in a large amount, powder supplement will be best for you. You can add the powder to your food or drinks as they are easy to absorb in the body.
- It is better to take the powder with a smoothie or in the form of sprinklers. With water, your palate will take time to adjust with the strong flavor of powder.
So from the above article, we learned about the Chlorella, their health benefits, side effects, tablets, food sources and their powder form.
2 thoughts on “Health Benefits of Chlorella Supplements, Tablets & Powder”
I bought chlorella tablets at whole foods because I have too much mercury in my system. I took two small tablets last night and I had chest pain all night. I have a heart condition known as A fib. I have been on a Vegan diet for about 3 months now trying to control the symptoms of A fib. The vitamin specialist at Whole Foods said she took chlorella to get rid of metal in her body from old teeth fillings. I haven’t had Angina since I started my Vegan diet until last night when I took chlorella. I see in your comments about side effects that some people experience chest pain. Do you think I should stop taking chlorella and if so, can I get a refund
Hello, You should avoid taking any nutrient dense supplement in such cases.