What is Nori?
Nori is the popular alga or seaweed. Nori is an important ingredients of the Japanese dish sushi. It is a salty plant, the life of it is like terrestrial plants.
Nori is an edible seaweed which is widely used in Asian cuisine. Generally, it is used to make different types of snacks. It is a dehydrated product made from red algae. Japanese, Korean, and Chinese people make many recipes from nori sheets.
Uses of Nori
Nori is widely used as sushi 🍣 wrapper across the world. However, it is also used make seaweed snacks, seaweed chips, julienned to garnished on many dishes. Nori sheets are served in traditional Japanese breakfast as well.
- Flavoring food agent: Garnish and flavorings noodles preparation and soup it makes them salty and tangy. Used as a food decoration
- Used in Meals: Blue and green nori are used like herbs in regular meals. It easily absorbs water from the air and degrades.
- Crispy Nori Snacks: You can toast nori sheet on an iron pan and sprinkle salt over them and serve the crispy nori sheets, you will get nori chips! Very tempting and healthy chips you will get.
- Rice Dish: Blend nori and sesame seeds it will be a simple dish the taste likes as it directly comes from the restaurant.
- Sushi Rolls: You must have seen uramaki and hosomaki, these two types sushi rolls that are served at every Japanese/Asian restaurant.
- Temaki: Another kind of hand roll, that is served at the Japanese restaurant.
- Onigiri: A Japanese rice ball wrapped in the algae nori sheet.
Health Benefits of Nori
Great source of micronutrients, contain more vitamins and minerals than fruits and vegetables you eat.
- Vitamin Source: It has vitamin B12 and C vitamin in than an orange has. It contains minerals, iron, calcium, and zinc too.
- Great food to stay to thin: A full sheet of nori contain four calories and one-third fiber it contains protein too. If you are the vegetarian use of nori will help to boost your protein intake without piling on calories. It can reduce the absorption of fat by 75%
- Rich in Iodine: it is rich in Iodine, which stimulates iodine in your body. It regulates metabolism and helps to control body weight. Iodine is essential for healthy hair, skin, teeth, and nails.