Page Content Table
What Is Sea Moss
Sea Moss is a species of red algae. Which you can find on the rocky parts of Atlantic coast of Europe and North America. Sea moss has some vital properties for which it was used throughout Europe for decades. It helps those people who are suffering from malnutrition. It consists of 15 minerals with selenium, calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
Sea Moss in Irish History
Sea Moss has many uses which are proven to be useful to malnourished people. Sea moss helps in maintaining mental and physical health. It is also a rich source of the minerals, including iodine which helps in hormone production. It will also cure your sore throat, chest coughs, Pneumonia and Tuberculosis and Bronchitis.
Sea Moss or Irish moss is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin K, Calcium and Copper, and a very good source of Riboflavin, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, and Manganese.
Note: please check the package before you buy, things may vary because of geological diversity.
Health Benefits of Sea Moss
- Health benefits of Sea Moss fungal and microbial infections
- Sea Moss has antiviral agents that cure and prevent respiratory ailments such as pneumonia colds bronchitis flu and even tuberculosis itis rich in potassium chloride which is said to dissolve guitars Oh mucus the discharge caused by the swelling of the mucous membrane skin muscle and joint the pain.
- This wonder seaweed is known to cure various skin diseases such as dermatitis psoriasis excellent sunburn the moss can be applied topically or added to baths to moisturize and hydrate the skin it is also said to prevent varicose veins rashes and inflammation as well as provide relief for muscle and joint pain thyroid related diseases
- The substantial amount via being found in sea moss helps in the production of thyroid hormone the body needs iodine to strengthen the immune system in order to fight diseases.
- It actually serves as a microbial agent in which it filters out germs another bacteria during blood circulation microorganisms easily enter the body through cuts or wounds of the skin and via throat and nasal passages
- These organisms are then transported by the blood to other parts of the body during blood circulation commonly used respiratory tonic another common use of the seaweed was a remedy for issues involving the respiratory tract as both an expectorant and Vimal sent.
- It can be very helpful for coughs sore throats relieving congestion and expelling excess mucus from the lungs soothing to digestive tract rich soup broths made from Irish moss seaweed have been used for centuries to relieve gastritis and ulcers of the digestive tract this is because of its the Molson qualities acting as a mild laxative at our lubricating and soothing to the mucous membranes of the stomach and intestine.
- Relieves in Joint, Skin and Muscle Pain: It will save you from skin disease like dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, and sunburn. It will also give you relief in varicose veins, and rashes. It can be applied while taking baths and thus hydrates your skin.
- Fungal infections can be cured: Sea Moss can be used for curing respiratory ailments such as cold, pneumonia, flu and TB. It consists of antimicrobial agents which we can use to make antibiotics to fight fungal and microbial infections.
- Cures thyroid related diseases: The abundant amount of iodine present in sea moss helps in the production of thyroid hormones. When thyroid gland does not have enough hormones, then iodine helps in fighting against micro-organisms.
Nutrition Facts of Sea Moss
For more detailed nutrition facts information
Sea Moss Drink
Although traditionally people simmer and consume sea moss as a liquid broth, modern-day recipes often use the raw blended gel which can be added to various sea moss drinks and foods as a nutritious thickening agent.
It smells amazing and tastes good in teas and smoothies.
This is a thick gel, not runny. (Good quality) Tastes good enough to eat alone! The kids liked it and it was a great addition to our smoothies. Ingredients are all natural and vegan. Felt a quick boost in energy and fullness!
Sea Moss Gel
If you want to prepare at home. All you need is sea moss, that you can buy from amazon dot com or from a local supermarket. Then you have to wash it a few times because it may have dust on it. After washing a few times, you have to soak it in cold water, then strain, and put it in a fast blender, pour water to cover it. and blend it to the desired consistency. Once you are happy with the thickness you can put it in a glass bottle.
Now, you can add it to smoothies, or use as a thickening agent.
Irish Moss, Sea Moss, or by its botanical name Gracilaria, is wild-crafted and truly raw, dried in the natural sun right after harvesting– because of its natural state it comes with impurities, such as sand, dirt, and salt, which clean out when you rinse and soak the dried seaweed.