What is Bladderwrack?
Bladderwrack is the type of algae/seaweed which you can use to make medicines which improve metabolism and thyroid function of the body. You may find bladderwrack around Isles of British, Baltic Sea and under the eastern coasts of North America. Bladderwrack has scientific name called Fucus vesiculosus. Bladderwrack is also known by other names as black tang, rockweed, or red fucus.
Actually, Bladderwrack is rich in iodine which helps in improving thyroid function. It also contains algin which helps in passing stool through the bowels. You may also use them for skin diseases, aging, burns or also protects from insect bites.
Health Benefits of Bladderwrack
Bladderwrack has different uses and benefits as it is a rich source of iodine. Today, we will discuss some of the uses of bladderwrack which are as mentioned below:-
- Improves eye vision health: Bladderwrack contains beta-carotene which helps in improving eyesight. As beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant which helps in neutralizing radicals of eyes and cornea. Bladderwrack works like macular degeneration and improves cataract development.
- Digestion can be improved: Bladderwrack contains different types of fibers but there is one fiber called alginic acid which helps in improving bowel system, it also helps in relieving gastric ulcers, bloating and colon cancer.
- Loss weight: It also helps in losing weight. It increases metabolism which helps in losing weight. Bladderwrack also helps in suppressing appetite, so people eat less and they can burn fat. So in this way, health issues are resolved.
- Improves thyroid development: As we know Bladderwrack is a rich source of iodine and it helps in modulating our thyroid gland. Iodine helps in treating different types of thyroid Therefore it helps in stimulating thyroid gland for the growth of hormonal output.
- Prevents cancer: Bladderwrack contains a unique type of fiber called Fucoidan which has much health It may help in lowering cholesterol if the body and tumor effects. The main function of Fucodian is to regulate necessary substances which are responsible for the reproduction of cell and their growth. When the growth of cells slows down the proliferation of cancer can be reduced.
- Heart health can be healed: Bladderwrack also plays a very important role in the maintain good cholesterol. Bladderwrack is a beneficial herb which helps in preventing atherosclerosis. It helps in lowering blood pressure and thus, the rate of heart strokes can be improved. It has less impact on the cardiovascular
- Useful as anti-aging: You can use bladderwrack as an anti-aging system. It makes your skin beautiful though it also contains some organic chemicals which slow down the aging The antioxidants present n bladderwrack keeps your skin soft, smooth and blemishing.it also keeps your skin away from wrinkles and reduces aging spots on your skin.
- Inflammation reduces: Bladderwrack is anti-inflammatory it keeps you away from arthritis, gouts, irritation, and skin swelling. It also helps in better conjunction the case of sore muscles and joints.
There are also some side effects of bladderwrack which one must keep in mind while using it. Now we will discuss some of the side-effects of bladderwrack which are as mentioned below:-
Following are the some of the side effects of bladderwrack. Pay attention to when not to take bladderwrack to avoid bladderwrack side-effects.
- Allergy of iodine: As we know bladderwrack is a rich source of iodine, so it may cause allergy to sensitive So if people are highly allergic to iodine they should not use it. The high amount of iodine may cause thyroid diseases. It may also upset your stomach and brassy taste sensations.
- Infertility: If women are taking too much iodine in their diet then they must reduce the amount of iodine in their food. If a lady is taking a good amount of iodine in form of bladderwrack this may reduce the chances of getting pregnant.
- Unsafe during breastfeeding: Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, must stop using it. It is not good for babies who are taking breastfeed.
- Bleeding disorder: Slow blood clotting may also cause the usage of bladderwrack. It levels up the risk of bruising and bleeding in people who are dealing with bleeding disorders.
- Surgeries after effect: As bladderwrack causes slow clotting of blood. So there is always the risk of more bleeding after surgery. It is always advised to stop taking bladderwrack before 2 weeks of surgery.
How to take proper dosage of bladderwrack?
From the above information, it is clear that Bladderwrack causes some of the side effects. It may be cured by proper dosing. You have to take bladderwrack by taking an appropriate dose. In the case of natural products, the dosage fully depends on the user’s age factors or some other health conditions.
So always consult your doctor before you take bladderwrack and always take dose which is advised by your doctor. Bladderwrack comes in different forms.
Following are the some recommended dosage that everyone must keep in mind while consuming bladderwrack is as mentioned below:-
- Add it in salads or to your favorite dishes.
- You may also use the form of capsules according to your health needs.
- Always take bladderwrack with the advice of your doctor.
So from the above information, we learned that bladderwrack is a dietary supplement. Bladderwrack is used as food supplement which one can use in their daily routine. It is a natural ingredient which has no harmful effect but has some minor side effects. so we highly recommend you to take bladderwrack supplements in proper amount under doctor’s advice.
This supplement is also used for some health benefits like it helps in preventing hypothyroidism by taking its herbs. Bladderwrack extract is also used for removing baldness by adding it to the water. In this way, we see that bladderwrack is used for many reasons as health benefits, like improves thyroid, and prevents heavy menstrual bleeding. So you may add this supplement to your food and avail their benefits.
You Might Like…